You are viewing catchphrases

Catch Phrases are the Awesome,

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> Some Famous Ones
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Sunday, July 24th, 2011
2:49 pm

unaturalentity
i don't know where i got it from,but every time my brother asks me something i always answer  " in accordance with the prophecy. . . "  or when i hear something surprising i say "holy cheese"

(comment on this)

Monday, September 15th, 2008
3:32 pm

kickupthejams
I know this community is basically dead, but I got a few.

I often say, "...if you're picking up what I'm dropping" instead of "if you know what I mean". Like, "I'd like to fiddle around with his hard drive, if you're picking up what I'm dropping."

And this one I THINK I accidentally stole from Johnny The Homicidal Maniac/Happy Noodle Boy: "Well, spank my ass and call me Debbie." Turns quite a few heads. Use after someone says something that's surprising and unbelievable. Irony points for using it after someone says something completely obvious.

"-schwig" means fast food. Taco Bell = Taco Schwig, Subway = Schwigway, McDonalds = McSchwigs, and so on. Sometimes can be used for store names, like Wal-Schwig (not to be confused with Walschwig's).

Also, using "Your mom" with my sister. Always funny.

Her: "Wow, that car is a piece of shit."
Me: "Your mom is a piece of shit!"
Her: "...Dude. She's your mom too."

(1 comment | comment on this)

Monday, June 16th, 2008
8:21 am - Bro, delight.

i_rule_yea_
call everyone "bro"

e.i. at the doctors, "you want me to pee in this cup bro?!"

or say, if something is positive say it was a delight, not cool. a delight.

e.i. "Thanks Bro, that check-up was a delight!

I found this community today. i love it already.

(6 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, June 14th, 2008
10:32 am

daisysunshine88
"Hey, are you free later tonight/tomorrow?"

"Actually, I'm pretty expensive."

(1 comment | comment on this)

Sunday, November 25th, 2007
11:45 pm

alexmc1
I like to add

'for those of you keeping score at home'

onto the end of statements that I make about something I just did.

For example 'I've hit three straight shots in beer pong... for those of you keeping score at home.'

the ladies love it.



also, i like to add 'the ladies love it' onto the end of things.

(2 comments | comment on this)

Thursday, June 14th, 2007
3:04 pm - MAN-

korrie
Just add "Man"... It's kinda sexy ?

I like your manpants
Let's barbeque some mansteaks

(5 comments | comment on this)

2:55 pm - ".... ladies"

korrie
my friends and I have been doing this WAY too much.
just add "...ladies" to make anything sound creepy. It helps if you say "ladies" in a slightly suggestive voice.

examples:

"Let's go to the library....ladies"
"What time is the party....ladies"
"It tastes like chicken...ladies"

current mood: chipper

(2 comments | comment on this)

Saturday, June 9th, 2007
1:58 am

wasabi
Sweet Marshmallow Jesus!

(comment on this)

Monday, May 14th, 2007
10:18 pm

alexmc1
When you fuck someone and leave immediately/don't talk to them anymore

'Rail and bail.'

'Bounce and bounce.'

(1 comment | comment on this)

Thursday, April 26th, 2007
12:42 am - LUSTIFY!

korrie
I made up this word while playing Scrabble with someone who certainly does "lustify" me!!!!!

I'm thinking the definition is rather self-explanatory... to make horny.. or become horny. So, you can lustify someone, or become lustified... fun!

(comment on this)

Thursday, April 12th, 2007
2:13 am - Sexytime

korrie
I like to use "sexytime" for any happy experience

examples:
"I love a good story, reading is my sexytime"

"Ohhh that cheeseburger was sexytime"

"Doing laundry is the anti-sexytime"

(comment on this)

Sunday, February 11th, 2007
12:44 pm

noshorz
Just call me Jesus!

(comment on this)

Wednesday, January 31st, 2007
3:21 pm

alexmc1
When someone asks you a yes or no question, respond with

'In a word... [yes/no]'

i mean that's just good old fashioned humor

(1 comment | comment on this)

Monday, January 8th, 2007
4:33 pm - new catchphrases!
trentdackmin 1. that's what she said

the catchy part is saying it at inappropriate times.

ex
friend: my stepmom told my dad she was leaving him forever.
me: that's what she said!

2. similar but different

fun in any situation.

3. gotcha!

the best part is that just by saying this to someone you are, in effect, "getting" him/her.

ex
parent: did you steal money out of my wallet?
kid: gotcha!

(comment on this)

Friday, December 8th, 2006
9:09 pm

wasabi
I have been using "sexy back" in a totally deadpan way.

"Did you like the cookies I made?"
"Yes, they bring sexy back."

"Why are you wearing that?"
"Because it brings sexy back."

"Why are all these books out of order?"
"Because it brings sexy back."

(comment on this)

Sunday, October 8th, 2006
6:01 pm

alexmc1
Whenever my friend gets into a situation where he doesn't know what to say, or just an awkward situation, he likes to say

"I am wasted"

This can be preceeded by 'jesus christ' for added effect.

...

i like to flip it around, and whenever anyone does something stupid I like to tell them that they are belligerantly drunk, especially when they're stone sober. you have to say it in a really accusing tone.

(3 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, October 1st, 2006
4:56 am - Color Me

instantwit
I like to say "Well color me _____!" or some variation thereof.  It started off with "tickled pink" and then other colors like "an angry red," but now almost anything will do: 
  • Well color me ecstatic!
  • Color me uncouth, because that was quite the faux pas. 

(2 comments | comment on this)

Thursday, September 21st, 2006
1:55 pm - Just add ~ish~

peekpu
I seem to be the queen of catchphrases, at least in my group of friends.
So recently my favorite thing to do is add "ish". I Love it!

YOU: Do you like that Jacket?
ME: It's nice-ish.

YOU: How are you today?
ME: I'm good-ish.

Another favorite which I totally stole from 'Grey's Anatomy' but not on purpose is "Seriously". I use it all the time - Mostly in shock! Sometimes in a questioning way....

Then there is the ever impressive "You'll bounce back!" Although it is a little cold... I seem to find it amusing when people are complaining, because really, ultimately, they will in fact bounce back....

At work, because I am in a somewhat professional environment, I have stolen a line from 'Family Guy' to stop myself from swearing. "What the deuce?" as Stewie Griffin would say, has saved my ass a few times.

I think that's it for now - I'm sure there are more I can't think of right now... but with a little time....

current mood: working

(2 comments | comment on this)

Sunday, August 27th, 2006
1:48 am

joeneedstosleep
I sometimes refer to people as "home (insert country-themed household object here)" i.e. home slice, home biscuit, home skillet, home turkey.

Eventually they got overused and I got desperate, and "home wood-burning stove" wasn't doing it, so I laid off.

Also, "kosher" = "cool."

And lastly, Snakes on a Plane has opened the door to all sorts of variations on the famous "double motherf*cker" line.
i.e. "I'm sick of all these motherf*cking flies at my motherf*cking picnic."

(comment on this)

Wednesday, August 23rd, 2006
11:56 pm
prilly ya know where is a good place to hear catchphrases...the tv show Scrubs
there are hundreds!

(1 comment | comment on this)


> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com